Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Go Bananas!

Most of us that take care of our own hair, spend a lot of time and money on products that promise us to strengthen our hair, make it grow, and give it that beautiful shine. I was one of those women. I have found something that has repaired my hair in one use, enhance my natural hair color, and gave me incredible shine. For a week after I did this treatment, people even my own mother thought I was wearing extensions! Thats how good my hair looks and feels. What am I talking about? BANANAS!










Banana Hair benefits: -Strengthens each hair strand
                                 -Loosens curl pattern
                                 -Protects hair from future damage and sun damage
                                 -Protects ends from splitting
                                 -Enhances natural or chemically colored hair
                                 - Adds vitamins and minerals
                                 -Adds AMAZING shine















How to create a Banana Hair Mask

    Most hair products with banana in it are only sold at expensive spas. Well here is how to make your own.  I will be doing this treatment once a week. I love this mask so much I refuse to spend a penny on a beauty supply product that claims to do the list above.









You will need:
1 banana
Mayo
and Olive Oil or any oil of your choice.
For intense conditioning add honey, and for intense repair and shine add 1/2 an avocado.


How to make:
Take 1/2 a banana and mash it in a bowl with a spoon. If you have really long hair use the whole banana.
Add two scoops of Mayo and add to the bowl, stir well.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin Olive Oil mix well ( I use a cake mixer)

If you would like extra moisture add 1 tablespoon of 100% natural Honey to your mixture.
Need extra repair and strength, add 1/2 an Avocado.



Once mixed well, apply to the hair in sections focusing on the hair shaft and ends. Don't worry to much about getting you root. NOTE: If you leave big chunks in the mixture it will be harder to wash the banana out.


After you applied your hair mask cover your head with a plastic cap or bag and let it set for an hour or two.
Rinse your hair well. Then shampoo and condition as normal. And enjoy your new revived hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment