Monday, June 20, 2011

GET CRULY

Hey everyone its summer time the best time to GET CURLY. This is the best time wear your wash and goes and show your wild side. Here are some tips and products for this summer's curly girls.


1. You can wear your hair in a curly set. This would be for my relaxed women or my natural girls whose hair is heat trained ( Heat trained is when the hair is use to being style by heat and when wet, will not revert back to his/her natural curl pattern). Using rollers is a great way to get the summer curly look Yes you have use heat to achieve this style but your ends will be tuck under so it pretty safe to do. And the plus side, doing a curly roller set style can lasts for weeks. Remember to keep your hair properly moisturized. Hair pudding will help you hair keep its shape and moisturized. When sleeping do the pineapple method. (Click the link sot see pineapple method): http://youtu.be/RKVk8Jb_WHo
    Roller Set link: http://youtu.be/qI8XNh8dHPw

      




           If you are natural and you want to show off your natural curl you will need the right products. You will need a good leave in conditioner, and some type of styling aid/gel. There are a lot of products out there for curly hair especially at Target. When you are using styling aids and gel, product build up is going to happen. Most naturals wash their hair 1-2 times a week. Me personally when wearing my hair natural I washed 1 time a week. Using my Favorite Shampoo SheaMoisture's "Organic Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo." SheaMoisture's products are extremely moisturising. The shampoo alone is so moisturising and detangles my hair with ease and I have some thick hair! You can find this Shampoo and other SheaMoisture products at Target or Walgreens. All SheaMoisture Products are $9.99.



             Washing your hair is very important and the way you style your hair is also important. Naturals must know that combing through our hair on a daily bases is not necessary. When wearing my hair in its natural state I would lightly comb through my hair once every 3-4 days. The only time I would really detangle my hair is before washing and after my deep conditioner when I apply my leave in conditioner. That's it! My hair seemed to get a lot thicker too. The more you mess with your hair when curly and styling it the frizzier it will appear.

Gels and Styling aids: I don't think there is anything wrong with using gel, custards, and styling aids. As long as you can read the ingredients, understand whats in the product, and as long as it doesn't contain alcohol, it should be fine for your hair. If the gel/aid makes your hair hard do not comb through it, it can cause breakage. Wet your hair with a spray bottle before combing through your hair. Gels and aids tend to activate your natural curl pattern. Here's a quick tip. When your hair is wet with your leave in conditioner/water add gel or aid to your hands rub your hands together, flip your head upside down, add the product to your hair by scrunching your hair. Add as much product as desired. Then flip you head right side up, give your head a good shake and your curls should be poppin! Or you can apply your product like this:http://youtu.be/WNbu4zL_0Ws



GOT SHRINKAGE?
    I personally understand shrinkage. When my hair is straightened its right above my armpits, when it gets wet it shrinks up to the middle of my neck. Instead of having a short Jerry curl look you can have a big, full, curly look in minutes by using a diffusing. Check out the links to see how! http://youtu.be/RcbURgM6ukw
                                                                                                   http://youtu.be/dRxhY4davjk


1 comment:

  1. Good Info! I want to try something different with my hair.

    ReplyDelete