Thursday, April 21, 2011

Protein Treatments I Use

Some people have protein sensitive hair. When they put a strong protein alone in their hair the hair reacts by feeling really dry and brittle even after conditioning. For these people I suggest you use conditioners with light proteinn in them like my fav deep conditioner by ORS Replenishing Conditioner. This products has light proteins like silk amino acids the softly rebuild the hair structure by strengthening and conditioning the hair at the same time. Now ME on the other hand, a light protein is nice on my hair and the silk amino acids do make my hair silky but it does not put a stop to my breakage! I need stronger protein! My Favorite is ApHogee's Two Step Protein Treatment. This treatment is a salon treatment that can be done at home, just make sure you follow the directions to a "T." This treatment is for seriously damaged hair! Hair that is constantly breaking off and in need of extreme protein. This treatment should only be done every 6-8 week NO SOONER! This product really works! It smells HORRIBLE but it does the job! You apply it to the hair from root to ends make sure all of your hair gets the protein. Get a hand blow dryer and dry the hair. Now for ppl who do not do protein treatments this can get a lil scary lol! While you are drying the product on your hair, your hair is going to get EXTREMELY HARD literally you can knock on it and hear a sound lol! That's perfectly normal! when your hair is getting hair that just means the protein is working and rebuilding the hair. When the hair is in this state DO NOT comb or play with your hair. Too much movement to the hair when the hair is hard can litally snap off very easily. Even when rinsing the product out do not touch the hair just let the water run through it. No fear! When you wash the protein out your hair should not feel hard any more NOW REMEMBER! RIGHT AFTER YOU WASH THE PROTEIN OUT YOU MUST APPLY A BALANCING CONDITIONER!. You can USE the balancing conditioner that comes with the protein pack and/or deep conditioner after. I deep conditioner with ORS. After I do this I have NO BREAKAGE and I see my hair get longer as the weeks pass! Find out if your hair is protein sensitive before trying this product. This product is no joke!  You can find this product at Salley's Beauty Supply. I buy the packet because the bottle of this stuff is pretty pricey. The packets are only $3 and some change. I try to use it ever 6 weeks.



When I do not what to do a strong protein treatment something like a medium protein treatment works for me. I make it myself! I use Two eggs ( if your hair is shorter than shoulder length you should just use 1), Mayo (regular mayo that you put on sandwiches), olive oil, and coconut oil I don't not measure i just add enough so when I mix it up its creamy texture( you can add whatever oils you like!). I use this mixture as a Pre-Poo protein conditioner. This Conditioner is safe to use once a week, Just to add shine, body, and strength to the hair. I put it all over my hair from root to ends, then I apply a plastic cap leaving it to sit for a hour then rinse it out and shampoo, condition, and deep condition my hair as normal. Now when washing out hair with egg in it, remember to wash your hair with cold water, if you u do not you'll find scrambled eggs left in your hair! Coconut oil also bindes to the protein in the hair to keep the hair strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment